Who We Need
Join Agri Labour Australia, Australia's most reputable agriculture recruitment company as an Almond Harvest Supervisor for the 2018 Season!
Agri Labour Australia is currently seeking a Harvest Supervisor for the 2018 Almond Harvest for a short 6-8 week contract role. This is a varied and challenging leadership position which requires previous experience in team management and sound knowledge of horticulture harvesting equipment (tree nuts preferred but not essential).
The successful candidate will be required to oversee several aspects of operation. These include:
- Leading a harvest crew to reach productivity targets whilst assuring quality
- Overseeing traffic management on-farm
- Assist in providing appropriate training for Machinery Operators
- Fostering a safety culture and management of Safety & Injury response
In order to be successful in your application, you will have:
- Experience as a supervisor or leader
- Knowledge of horticulture harvesting equipment
- Previous experience or keen interest in the harvesting of tree nuts favourable
- An appreciation for the nature of the agriculture industry - work conditions are dusty, hours are long, and weather does impact the course of the harvest.
As the almond harvesting process is dynamic and intricate, our harvesting team will be well equipped with the skills and knowledge required to be successful - We need a Harvest Supervisor who is mechanically minded with the ability to motivate team members to reach their potential, providing guidance as required. Please note, as Agri Labour Australia encourages applications from a diverse range of candidates, our teams are not only diverse in the skill sets and knowledge they can contribute, but also culturally. Our Harvest Supervisor must have experience working in a multicultural environment and familiar with cultural sensitivity.
Agri Labour Australia is offering further opportunities in other projects for the right candidate, as well as a competitive wage circa $35/hour. This will be based on previous supervisory experience and mechanical aptitude.
Key Job Info
Send to a Friend
- Start: February 2018
- Up to AU$35 per hour
- Duration: 6-8 weeks
- Stable contract role
- Varied and challenging leadership position
- Potential for future opportunities for Agri Labour Australia