Who We Need
Are you looking for a career in agriculture? We have an exciting opportunity for hard working mechanically minded professionals to join our client’s thriving agricultural business in the Central Highland region of Queensland. This could be the first step on a new path into farming and agribusiness!
Emerald is a large, modern country town that was established in 1879 as a base for the building of the western railway. Emerald is now considered the hub for the Central Highlands and the gateway to the Sapphire Gemfields. In 1972, the construction of Fairbairn Dam and the Emerald Irrigation Scheme allowed for the significant development and expansion of agriculture across the region.
Our client is an Australian, family-owned farm committed to delivering quality crops in the Emerald area. They are seeking an enthusiastic Farmhand to join their team and grow alongside the business. This opportunity will allow you to share the success and become a part of Australia’s hugely popular broadacre and irrigated cropping industries. You will be able to utilise your previous experience, while gaining further agricultural skills and knowledge.
As a Farmhand, you will be actively involved in the day to day operations of the farm including, but not limited to:
- Crop establishment - bed preparation, fertilizing, sowing and cultivation
- Field renovation utilising modern GPS tractors and equipment
- Irrigation coordination, implementation and maintenance
- Crop management with herbicide and pesticide spray applications by ground rig
- Harvest duties
- Machinery maintenance and due care of all equipment and machinery
- Maintenance and upkeep of farm buildings and facilities
- Work safely, harmoniously and as a team player within the staff and community structure
We are seeking a proactive and enthusiastic individual with great communication skills and a strong work ethic. The ideal candidate will have mechanical aptitude and experience operating, maintaining, and repairing equipment. Your ability to show initiative, generate ideas, and work within a team environment will see you succeed in this role.
The successful applicant will require:
- Enthusiasm towards learning and adopting the skills necessary to managing crops
- Mechanical aptitude and experience in operating and maintaining a range of modern farming equipment
- Experience working in a broadacre or irrigated crop environment is preferred but not essential
- Self-motivation and discipline
- Happy disposition with a can-do attitude
- Available to work varied hours, including Saturday and Sunday when farming schedule dictates
On offer is an attractive salary package of around $90,000 inclusive of superannuation. In addition, on-farm housing is also available for the right candidate.
Agri Labour Australia is an award-winning recruitment company with clients in every State and Territory. Our innovative approach has seen us win the Telstra Queensland Business of the Year award, as well as both the Australian Small Business Champion and the Best CSR Initiative awards. We have grown from a small agricultural recruitment firm based in Goondiwindi to become one of Australia's largest privately owned recruiters and suppliers of permanent and contract agricultural labour, with offices across Australia and Taiwan.
Key Job Info
Send to a Friend
- Top salary package plus housing!
- Be part of the booming broadacre and irrigated crop industries
- Long term, stable role for the right candidate