Who We Need
Nestled between the picturesque Peak Ranges of Northern Queensland, this family owned and operated cropping enterprise is committed to the production of high-quality and sustainable Australian produce. The property is recognised as a key member of the local agricultural community and boasts a healthy crop of sorghum, cotton, corn and chickpeas. The client is now seeking a passionate and skilled farmhand to join their team.
As a farmhand you will assist in the day-to-day operations of the mixed-cropping enterprise and strive to maximise productivity. This hands-on role will require you to implement the cropping production plan, operate farm machinery and equipment and conduct farm maintenance and repairs. The ideal candidate will have previous agricultural experience, a strong work ethic and excellent problem-solving skills.
A day on the farm may involve:
- Operation and maintenance of farm equipment and machinery
- Tractor driving
- GPS System operation
To be successful in this role you must:
- Have agricultural experience
- Have mechanical aptitude
- Be self-motivated and take initiative
- Be reliable, committed and accountable
- Be physically fit, self-motivated and down to earth
The client is offering the successful candidate a competitive salary package including 3-bedroom house.
Key Job Info
Send to a Friend
- Start: ASAP
- AU$25 - AU$30 per hour + accommodation
- 7000 Acre Mixed Cropping Farm
- Competitive hourly rate + accommodation
- Location: Clermont, Queensland