Our client is an industry leading poultry breeding company with sophisticated operations located in Goulburn, NSW and surrounds. They are currently looking to fill 12 hatchery assistant positions.
You are required to work in poultry environment where dust and the smell of livestock is present. Not afraid of getting your hands dirty, you will be comfortable handling and preparing eggs for incubation; incubating eggs; grading, preparing, and shipping chicks in hatchery while meeting all quality, safety, welfare and Biosecurity standards. All eggs & chicks must be handled gently and compassionately. You will be a team player who is physically fit and more than able to handle heavy lifting.
You will be paid under the Pastoral Award – Level 1, at an hourly rate of $24.50 per hour, and a 1 year full time contract with an average minimum of 38 hours per week.
Key duties include:
- Cleaning and disinfection of the hatchery
- Customer Services ;including de-toeing and vaccination
- Operation of Machinery i.e Novatech
- Transfer, load setters/hatchers
- Count and grade chicks
- Prepare chick rooms for hatch day
- General routine maintenance
- Manual transfer of chicks to on trucks
- Calibration of incubators
Key Skills & Experience
To be considered for the roles, it’s important you meet the following criteria:
- Good understanding of equipment and environmental management
- Clear communication and reporting skills
- Ability to interpret data, data entry
- Good knowledge and understanding of Health & Safety
- No asthma or dust allergies
- Physically fit and comfortable in carrying out labour intensive duties
- A team player and happy working with a multicultural team
Choose Agri Labour Australia
Agri Labour Australia is an award-winning Australian company with clients in every State and Territory. Proudly representing major agribusiness, large primary producers, rural operators and local farmers – we are more than a recruitment agency. Founded on our firsthand knowledge of the land and dedicated to the ongoing success of our client’s businesses and our candidate’s careers, you can rely on us for expertise, advice and support.
If you believe you’re a great fit for the role, click ‘Apply Now’.