Working under the direction of your supervisor, the role is responsible for ensuring crops receive the appropriate amount of water, basic maintenance of irrigation systems (poly pipe, irrigating heads, pumps and fittings), moving irrigation systems, installing new equipment, troubleshooting problems and preventative maintenance of watering systems.
Working 10-12-hour a day at $30.32/hr, you'll be required to work 5- 6 days a week. Your duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Perform a range of irrigation duties including maintenance, installation of new equipment, troubleshooting and preventative maintenance
- Work to verbal and/or written instructions provided by the Manager/Tractor Operator
- Undertake duties as reasonably directed by Management
- Ensure that all work done is within the range of company quality standards
Your Skills & Experience
You will need flexibility and understand you will need to be available for much longer hours during peak season. Good communication skills are also necessary as is being able to work with a multicultural and diverse team. To be a successful candidate for the position, you will need the following:
- Good spoken English
- Tractor operating experience preferred but not essential
- Experience working with fixed irrigation systems
Choose Agri Labour Australia
Agri Labour Australia is an award-winning Australian company with clients in every State and Territory. Proudly representing major agribusiness, large primary producers, rural operators and local farmers - we are more than a recruitment agency. Founded on our firsthand knowledge of the land and dedicated to the ongoing success of our client's businesses and our candidate's careers, you can rely on us for expertise, advice and support.
If you believe you're a great fit for the role, click 'Apply Now' and forward us your most up to date resume.