Our client is a well-established and high-quality beef processor located in North Rockhampton. We are currently searching for 200 meat process workers to work in their abattoir, starting from May 2024 onwards. With industry leading practices and a high calibre of products produced, you will become an integral part of ensuring quality is maintained at a high standard.
These roles will be full-time, with an above award rate of $26.68/hour under the Meat Industry Award 2020 level 3.
What You’ll Do:
This role is dynamic and fast-paced, but it’s loaded with invaluable experience and an electric team atmosphere. Your day-to-day will include:
- Handling and preparing meat for processing, including cutting, trimming, and deboning (once appropriately trained)
- Operating machinery and equipment in accordance with safety guidelines
- Ensuring compliance with food safety and hygiene regulations throughout the processing stages
- Conducting quality checks on processed meat products
- Assisting in the packaging and labelling of meat products
- Collaborating with team members to maintain a smooth workflow.
- Assisting with other labour tasks per your supervisor’s direction to support overall day to day operations of the plant.
Your Skills & Experience:
To excel in this role, you will have:
- High motivation and reliability
- Willingness to work across hot and cold working environments (spanning 0-35 degrees)
- Physically capable of repetitive lifting of 10kg boxes, with occasional lifting of up to 30kgs
- Ability to pass a pre-employment medical check including drug alcohol test
- Willingness to work in a meat processing environment
- Physical fitness to handle the role’s demands.
- A positive, can-do attitude to champion safety for you and your colleagues
Our client is offering training in higher level tasks, which will provide pathways for promotion throughout your employment.
If you believe you are suitable for these positions, apply now!
Choose Agri Labour Australia
Agri Labour Australia is an award-winning Australian company with clients in every State and Territory. Proudly representing major agribusinesses, large primary producers, rural operators, and local farmers – we are more than a recruitment agency. Founded on our firsthand knowledge of the land and dedicated to the ongoing success of our clients’ businesses and our candidates’ careers, you can rely on us for expertise, advice, and support.
If you believe you’re a great fit for the role, click ‘Apply Now’ and forward us your most up-to-date resume and any relevant documents.