Our client is an industry leading agribusiness with sophisticated meat processing operations located in Veradilla, QLD. They are currently searching to fill 200 meat processing positions.
You are required to work in the meat processing environment. Not afraid of getting your hands dirty, you will be comfortable working with live and deceased animals. You will be a team member who is physically fit and more than able to handle heavy lifting and repetitive knife-hand movement.
This role is paying $26.35/hour under Meat Industry Award – Level 2, is an ongoing position with 38 hours per week.
You will be responsible for all aspects of beef processing, including:
- Move and manage animals before they are slaughtered
- Remove hides/pelts and internal organs
- Use saws to split the carcasses
- Trim carcasses
- Move carcasses to chillers and freezers
- Break carcasses by boning and slicing meat cuts for sale and further processing
- Pack the boned and sliced meat into cartons
- Process hides and pelts
- Process by-products
- Load meat products into trucks
- Produce and package meat products
- Use electric and handheld cutting tools
- Follow strict hygiene and safety guidelines
- Use packaging machinery
- Cleaning and sanitation of food production environment
Key Skills & Experience
To be considered for the roles, It is important you are committed to maintaining animal welfare standards and meet the following criteria:
- Comfortable working in a meat processing environment
- Good communication skills and able to follow instructions
- Live locally or be happy to relocate to Veradilla
- Physically fit and comfortable in carrying out labour intensive duties
- Able to follow directions and work unsupervised whilst showing high levels of initiative
- A team player and happy working with a multicultural team
Choose Agri Labour Australia
Agri Labour Australia is an award-winning Australian company with clients in every State and Territory. Proudly representing major agribusiness, large primary producers, rural operators and local farmers – we are more than a recruitment agency. Founded on our firsthand knowledge of the land and dedicated to the ongoing success of our client’s businesses and our candidate’s careers, you can rely on us for expertise, advice and support.
If you believe you’re a great fit for the role, click ‘Apply Now’.