Are you passionate about helping others and making a positive difference in people's lives? Agri Labour Australia is seeking a skilled and empathetic individual to join our team as a Welfare Officer, working in West Wyalong.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the lives of Pacific workers and help them achieve their savings and development goals in their home country. This is not just a '9-to-5' position, as worker issues can arise at any time. You must be available for out-of-hours calls and be willing to provide advice over the phone if required on weekends. General working hours per week will be 5-10 hours, excluding any emergency on-call work that may be required.
You will also:
- Providing support and training to Pacific workers to help them adjust to their new life in Australia.
- Organizing induction and orientation training for the workers in their new location.
- Ensuring drivers undergo Agri Labour Australia's comprehensive driver training.
- Managing worker accommodation issues and ensuring they have access to medical services.
- Implementing the PALM Scheme's incident management and reporting protocols where necessary.
- Providing culturally appropriate advice, solutions, and support to workers.
- Supporting the capacity-building approach to workers and ensuring they are safe, productive, and happy.
- Communicating effectively with people of different backgrounds and interacting in a culturally appropriate and respectful manner.
Your Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will have practical management skills, and possess a high level of empathy and strong understanding of cross-cultural differences. You will be able to communicate effectively with people of different backgrounds and interact in a culturally appropriate and respectful manner.
To be suitable for the role, you must also address the following:
- Comfortable using Microsoft Office and smartphone apps
- Understand privacy and confidentiality issues in regard to welfare
- Be available for emergency contact around the clock
- Have a general knowledge of health facilities in the Rochester area
- Have connections with community organisation, churches, recreation centre or other community organisations
- Be a practical problem solver
- Can work unsupervised and show initiative
- Enjoy working with people from other cultures
You will need to be physically capable and willing to work outside in all weather. To be considered for the role, you need to be able to prove the following: nationally accredited
- Qualifications in a relevant discipline and/or extensive experience in a similar (social welfare) role.
- High level relationship management skills, including the ability to negotiate for outcomes that are beneficial to workers and their families.
- Strong decision-making, professional judgement, risk management, and ability to work autonomously.
- Demonstrated cultural competency, problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Driver's license and willingness to drive to regional locations.
- Flexibility to undertake travel, including after hours and weekends.
Agri Labour Australia is an award-winning Australian company with clients in every State and Territory. Proudly representing major agribusiness, large primary producers, rural operators and local farmers - we are more than a recruitment agency. Founded on our firsthand knowledge of the land and dedicated to the ongoing success of our client's businesses and our candidate's careers, you can rely on us for expertise, advice and support.
If you believe you're a great fit for the role, click 'Apply Now' and forward us your most up to date resume and any relevant certificates and licensing.