Rice harvesting is much like grain harvesting, involving exceptional rates of pay in return for busy work and long days. The main difference is that most rice processing is completed indoors in a state-of-the-art processing plant. Rice harvest also offers exceptional pay rates along with a great team environment.
Our client also provides all PPE for staff.
Some of the jobs include:
- shed and pit operators
- grain testers
- weighbridge staff
- appraisal staff
Rice harvest involves working 8-12 hours per day, 6-7 days per week (weather pending), with a pay rate of $31.62 per hour plus overtime and penalty rates (higher pay rates are on offer for returning staff).
Who we need
Successful applicants for this work will need to be physically capable of performing long hours in return for excellent pay.
If you meet the following criteria, we’d love to hear from you:
- physically fit and able to work extended hours and flexible shifts
- strong English communication skills
- enjoy a busy environment
- able to drive a car (essential)
- forklift licence (favourable but not essential)
- free from asthma and dust allergies
- able to commit to the whole season
- dedicated to keeping yourself and your team members safe
Why it’s great to work with us
At Agri Labour Australia, we aim to make the employment process seamless for both job seekers and employers. We pride ourselves on being more than just a recruitment agency, and our consultants are on-hand to deliver expertise, advice and support whenever you need it. Here’s what you can expect when you join Agri Labour Australia for the rice harvest:
- Above-award rates with applicable overtime and penalty rates. Higher hourly rates are offered to returning and highly skilled workers.
- Connections that lead to more work. Our team provides opportunities to travel with the harvest.
- Ongoing support. Your recruiter will be on hand to answer questions and discuss any issues you may have throughout your placement.
You will have the opportunity to watch videos of your work environment for an insight into your day-to-day tasks.
Agri Labour Australia is fully committed to ensuring the safety of all our staff. All successful applicants are required to participate in inductions, training and pre-employment education and attain the necessary safety knowledge and appropriate skills prior to starting work. Pre-employment drug and alcohol testing will be carried out prior to harvest and randomly throughout the season.